After a lazy/productive day (yeah – it’s an oxymoron, but it fits), I’m watching the VMAs on ffwd. These are my notes:
- Lady Gaga opened and was awesome (!) as a dude.
- Bieber’s wearing Malcolm X glasses. For real.
- Watch the Throne!! (apparently Mtv still has security issues)
- SuperBass over All of the Lights? What?! (And is she wearing a junkyard???)
- Extraterrestrial was actually a good video.
- NeYo still looks great as long as he keeps the hat on.
- Katy Perry looks supercute in her presenting-dress.
- Is Adele seriously that young? She is the business. But her performance is a little flat.
- Bieber still had a video eligible for an award?
- Chris Brown can dance. But he’s not singing. And I am not a fan.
- Lady Gaga tributes Britney. Congrats Brit! No one makes us dance like you!
- Bey’s dressed like a Temptation. And this song is apparently the anti-hype. Oh. So she’s pregnant. (Yay for them!) She shouldn’t have to wear the sparkly jacket and dress like a dude, though.
- BNA: Who is Tyler the Creator? I’m just glad Kreayshawn didn’t win.
- Young the Giant = blah. I predict they are the Filter of the year.
- Cloris Leachman should not be with the girls of Jersey Shore. And the girls of the Jersey Shore should not be on tv.
- Born This Way wins. Lady Gaga is sticking to the character. Katy Perry has had 3 wardrobe changes.
- RIP Amy Winehouse. It’s weird that Russell Brand is saying things that make sense since he was so awful 5 yrs ago. And Tony Bennett is awesome. Tony and Amy sound amazing together!
- The 60s are back. Bruno Mars’ pompadour, Adele’s style, Beyonce’s moment…There really is nothing new under the sun. (ex. Footloose remake)
- VOTY: Firework. Katy Perry is a literal blockhead. At least that thing is on a headband…
- I love Drake. I can’t explain it. I love him. Weezy? Eh. He’s kinda terrible. Anyone else could’ve done How To Love. I need to hear it by someone else, non-autotuned. He looks so stupid with his @ss literally hanging out. And you can’t understand his rap because more words are bleeped out than what you hear. So. I’m old.
And that’s what I got from the awards. I’m old. Now get off my lawn!