um. Maybe I’ve just not paid attention all these years, but what is up with the black ghetto in the Oscar audience?
All the black people in the audience [except Morgan Freeman] are either in the back or on the side.
And how come every time a black person wins, the camera pans to the other [6?] black people in the audience?
I don’t wanna give the impression the awards completely suck, though. Neil Patrick Harris opened the show with a great Broadway number reminiscent of a show from the 40s or 50s. The stage is beautifully decorated and looks lovely. And other things I liked?
– Up, winning for best animated film and best score
– the dresses this year. I think they’ve all outdone themselves this year – never have I seen so many beuatiful dresses at the Oscars. They almost always have a bunch of awful dresses and only 5 good ones. This year it’s good one after good one after good one after good one. Although it does seem that there are a lot of stairs for the ladies this year.
– Star Trek, winning for best make up
– the ‘street’ danced interpretation of the nominated musical scores – maybe the best performance I’ve ever seen at the Oscars.
– seeing Bradley Cooper. I have a really big crush on him. but not with his hair slicked back.
– the fact that they played Georgia On My Mind when Tyler Perry came out
A few things I didn’t?
– the sappy turn that the lead actor/actress introduction of nominations has taken in the last few years.
– Kate Winslet’s gown…thing…
– Molly Ringwald’s entire look(!)