Tonight’s the 2nd to the last night of Idol, and I’m super-happy. I don’t really care who wins. Blah. And the judges are acting so stupid. I miss Allison.
Season finales are all over the place right now, and I loved the one for Dollhouse. I’m corssing my fingers that it doesn’t get canceled, but I kinda already think that ship has sailed. The 2 show cameo from Alan Tudyk has been lovely [as I think he’s the bee’s knees (he nearly made me pee my pants in Death at a Funeral], and the twist of making him Alpha was freakin’ genius. The show just took a couple episodes to warm up…
Oh – Idol coverage – ummmm…
- Paula for Danny: blah. D’arby, but didn’t know the song – not memorable.
- Randy/Kara for Kris: Apologize. coulda been good. Wasn’t. Complete copycat. Except it was out of his range.
- Simon for Adam: One. Not the best choice, IMO. Adam took great liberties, and ended well, but started weak, and I still didn’t like it. I find that he’s highly talented, but still not going in the direction that is best for his voice.
- Danny: Genius. You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker. Excellent arrangement. Excellent vocals. Excellent performance.
- Kris: Scary. Heartless by Kanye West. Brave choice. Just gave me a flashback to Dreamgirls, when the white dude steals Jimmy’s “Cadillac” song. I won’t lie, I’m not into Kris. And I just looked up The Fray’s version, and contrary to Randy, I like their’s better [though it’s still kinda yucky].
- Adam: Almost. Cryin‘ by Aerosmith. The timbre of his voice isn’t anywhere near Stephen Tyler’s and Tyler’s voice is perfect for the song. Adam’s over-the-top ending sucked, but the delivery of the song didn’t suck.
Ummm…no telling who’ll win, but I’m hoping it’s down to Danny and Adam. IMO, they’re the most deserving.
And now for the new X-Files Fringe finale. Astrid’s role is growing, but not fast enough. Maybe she’ll get promoted next season. More Astrid, please!
In personal news – the Mustang is mine. An ’09, V6, in a color called vapor. Very sweet ride.